So here we are again. It’s the end of another year and we at Tignum want to see how you are doing. Are you sliding or crawling into the end of the year with little or no energy left or are you swimming (fully energized, focused, resilient, and ready for the next challenge)? This is not a question about criticism or guilt, it’s a question to review your habits and what got you to this point.
Here is a list of questions to reflect upon and to help you learn from last year.
1. How is your energy level right now? What have you done over the last 4 months to create this? Is this what you want to do more of next year or would you like to do something different?
2. If you compare your mindset today to your mindset the same time a year ago, what has changed? Is your mindset where you want it to be? What one or two mindset skills do you wish you had more of?
3. Did you make the impact you wanted to make last year (think of both at work and away from work)? What contributed to your answer?
As you shut down at the end of the year, we would like you to think of this transition/celebration in three phases. Phase one is to unload from last year. This is the process of taking off your armor, dumping your backpack, and allowing yourself to be free again. Phase two is to reset. This means celebrating what you have achieved, recalibrating your adrenal /stress system, and resetting your expectations for yourself and your team. The final phase is the restart. This phase should probably start right before the new year where you get clarity around your own Sustainable High Performance, your first steps you need to take at the start of the new year, and the self-image you want to enter 2017 with. Here are few questions to help you reflect.
1. If you were to describe yourself at your best in 2017 (building on who you were in 2016 and stretching yourself), what would you say about yourself?
2.If you were going to stop one behavior/habit from 2016, what would it be? What would be the benefit of you doing this?
3. If you were going to adopt one new behavior/habit in 2017 to improve your mental agility (the ability to quickly make great decisions under pressure), what would it be? What would be the immediate and long-term benefits of doing this?
From all of us at Team Tignum, we want to thank you for your support all year. Our passion is helping you become a Sustainable High Performer and we know that this is always a work in progress. For us, 2017 is going to be our best year yet as we continue to develop our content, strategies, and coaching but also our digital platforms to best support you. As always, we would love to hear what you think, what you need, and how you’re doing.
By Scott Peltin
Founder/Chief Performance Officer